Pakistan Cricket Board Chief Executive Officer Wasim Khan said on Tuesday that the PSL 2020 has been delayed indefinitely after a foreign player displayed symptoms of the coronavirus.
At least fourteen foreign players had decided to return to their home countries after the PCB last week gave them the choice to depart amid corona-virus fears.
Adding that the player’s name wouldn’t be revealed to maintain privacy, Wasim said that players from all the teams, the broadcasters and everyone else related to the tournament would be tested for the corona-virus.
Responding to a question he said that the Karachi Kings team had reservations regarding taking part in the tournament and the decision was then made after consulting all the franchises.
Wasim Khan further said that that the semi-final and final matches would be rescheduled before the next season of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Khan added in his conference that “In this critical situation, we are following the government’s advice. Initially, we took the choice to play matches in empty stadiums, then we gave players the choice to depart, then we reduce the number of matches, we took two-three measures but after this suspected case, we made this call.”
Responding to a question about future cricket plans, Wasim said that “no-one is playing international cricket. it is a critical situation. Safety comes 1st, cricket comes 2nd.”
PCB said that we would use our “influence and reach to play our part in all government’s initiatives to create awareness and deal with this critical situation”.